Monday, May 14, 2012

Autumn - Hungary- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!


Sziasztok! 

Wow what a wonderful day it was yesterday to see my family through the beauty of technology! It was sooooo fun to see my brother Austin fresh home from his mission, he was so manly and grown up. I can't wait to go hang out with him. Then my amazing sister Amy was there and she is still just the same old incredible Amy like always. I wish I could be half as amazing as she is. Then my wonderful Alaina and Abby put on a little piano recital and a bird call identifying talent display, they also danced a lot. Then talking to my parents just made me realize how blessed, truly blessed I am to have the parents I have that have sacrificed so much..and just succeeded so much in parenting 6 amazing kids. (not to toot our own horns, but I dont think we turned out half bad..) golly... I love my family. (missed you Aldie ) Of course, the running theme was "oh yeah when you're home.... etc" "38 days!" "hey, you'll be home soon" "come home!" ..etc. yup.... so, yup. I am. Home is around the corner, surprise! Still kind of blowing my mind..but that will be me home sitting on that couch laughing with all of them in no time at all. So glad I still have 37 days to ROCK THIS PLACE!!!! Gonna go out on such a high note. It is going to be an epic cast off into my unknown future. 

Well I was able to tell my family about some investigators yesterday, but realized I have been a little keves on the details in my emails.There are SO MANY miracles here.  So for the last 2 weeks we have been meeting with a new miracle girl. Well, her name is Evelin. She is 20 years old and such a fire ball. She was found by sister Kramer while we were doing our "talk to 300 people" extravaganza. She stopped her on the street and had her fill out a survey. We called her later, set up. Met up with her twice and ever since then she has been absolutely HOOKED! We have literally only taught her about the Book of Mormon and the restoration of the gospel... no laws, no commandments nothing. Well she has been hanging out with a lot of the members in her free time, she has been to every Young Single Adult activity since she started meeting and they have been teaching her about all of the commandments, much to our surprise. Last week she told us "I have been thinking a lot about all of this. I think I might have trouble keeping all of these rules, I'm not so sure about all of those. BUT Im not baptized, but I always wanted to be and all of the sudden I feel like now is the time in my life to get baptized. So I already told my Catholic grandma that I am probably going to be Mormon and she was fine with it!" ...... uh WHAT?! we have never even mentioned Baptism...other then in passing. She just figured that all out on her own. Then yesterday at church (p.s. she even comes to church... MIRACLE!) she told us "So I was talking to Laci (one of the members) and he said I should probably start setting small goals to work towards, because I can't make big changes in my life right now and GUESS WHAT! I have started drinking less coffee!!! I am ADDICTED TO COFFEE, sometimes I drink 5 cups a day, but NOW there are some days I dont drink any!" uhhhhhhhh.....WHAT?!?! How did we get SOOO lucky to find this girl. Again, never have EVER mentioned the word of wisdom or ANY commandments to her. She just naturally stopped drinking alcohol 3 weeks ago, decided she didnt like it. Started drinking less coffee, is wanting to break up with her boyfriend of 6 years because she is realizing she is finally finding her place in life and it never was with him. etc etc. So basically one of the most prepared people I have ever met here on my mission. That girl is so awesome and its great because all became instant best friends with her. Its so perfect. I am so blessed 

So that is an exciting part of my life right now. I wanted to continue that list that I started a while ago, about reasons I am on a mission. So reason number 1 (in no particular numerical order) was Zsofi Katona, my wonderful Zsofi. Well reason number 2, of reasons I am on a mission... is..... my companions. 

My companions. Where do I even start with them. Gosh, I love them all so much. Makes me get all chocked up typing this, because they have made my mission the incredible experience that it is. I can't imagine my mission without a single one of them. They have all influenced me so much and just made this all so worth it. It started off with my incredible trainer and then the eternal best friends just kept pouring in. I am so blessed. I can't even imagine that I have contributed a 10th to their life, of what they have done for mine. I have never laughed so hard as I have on my mission, I have never had more soul searching conversations as I have on the mission. Companionship studies that blew my mind, so revaltory.. might as well have been in the temple they were so awesome. I have truly come to know myself more through my companions than anything else on the mission. They mean the world to me. I loved raising all of my mission children on my mission. My own misson mother set an incredible example and legacy that I was able to pass on. I partied really hard on my mission, and worked my guts out too, always with a best freind by myside... and lots of Beyonce (shout out!). Everyone knows I am a super SUPER independent woman and lived by myself before the mission. So I can't say I was excited to be sharing EVERY SECOND of EVERYDAY with someone else. When I turned in my mission papers I couldnt believe I had just agreed to be followed around by someone for the next 18 months. Luckily, Heavenly Father loves me a heck of a lot..because I was given the best companions on the face of this planet and everysecond it just got better and better. I am so excited to go home and see them and can't wait for the others to follow behind me soon. I love you guys so much. So thats big reason number 2, my companions. I would have served my entire mission just for this reason, these eternal relationships are some of the most important in my life.

Also in honor of Mother's Day. I just watched this clip. It is incredible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LQ80TFOGvw&feature=g-all-u
I am so proud and blessed to say that I have a father that truly loves my mother. He is the best example of this and it really has made the biggest difference in my life. I have a testimony of this video, because I have seen this in my life every single day. My parents love each other, and my father really does honor her and love her and that makes me want to be like my mom, because I know she is special because my dad treats her and loves her as the incredible woman she is. So, it might seem a little backwards. But on this mothers day I want to say, thank you dad for loving my mom. It means everything to me, to see that kind of love in my life and to have a mom that can truly live her divine role to the fullest in raising us and loving us and setting an incredible example for us. I love you both.

Well thats my week ya'll. I am still loving it. Going to end big. I love you all. 

Szeretlek! (or "shake a leg" as my dad thought I was saying on skype yesterday... hungarian really does sound like gibberish)

sister papritz.

p.s. everyone go read the new FOR STENGTH OF YOUTH!! That thing is soooo inspired. I love it so much. The section on Agency and Family, and Hard work... oh my word. I love it all. Everyone go read it, then LIVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment