Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Autumn - Szeged, Hungary - CRAZY MIRACLES!

(I am just going to post these myself....hope everyone enjoys!)

Well hello everyone.

This was probably the most NUTS weeks on my mission. For many reasons... so lets just start listing them in order of craziness/ awesomeness of miracles.

1. the BIG change that happened was well, I am DOUBLE training TWO GREENIES right now. uh, yeah. So this last week there was a change in a different city because the other trainer got sick and couldnt keep training for the rest of the transfer, So president called me and said I would be finishing off this transfer with Two greenies and training both of them. So this weekend we spent getting the apartment ready for SISTER KIMBLE! She is my new foster child. haha... its a complicated mission family history, she was going to be my ADOPTED child. But, that is too final... her real mother is still her mother, so I am settling for Foster mother. Maybe later I will progress to adoptive mother. If none of this makes sense... its cause the missionary family tree lingo is complicated. But I now have one daughter and one foster daughter living with me. We are just having a party everyday here in szeged. They both served together in the MTC so they were already companions before they came to Hungary. (sister suranyi and sister kimble) SO its great cause they are already really comfortable with each other and walk around this city singing songs and dancing, cause they both sing and dance. So basically in our apartment, or really anywhere, on the train or bus, one of them or both of them simultaneously will just start busting out in song. So its a fun little thing. haha. So I am rangling two children, and its going to be a weird adjustment teaching with 3 people, and two of them newbies. But it is a fun little challenge I am ready to explore. So here i go!

2. My back saga continued. This week I treated it with 2 massages. haha....I have never had a massage before, but uh... well it was quite interesting. my first one was well, quite exposing. haha....and I climbed up on that table with the very little I had on..and soon enough it was ALL off..and I was getting a very interesting lower back massage.... like REALLY lower back. like...bum massage. soooo that was a little awkward as a missionary. but apparently that is part of the lower back? eh? so after that awkward experience I went to a classier place, and got a really awesome massage with aroma and junk like that..and normal back rubbing, not "lower back" rubbing. sooo... i felt much less exposed and uh... violated. haha. the story is WAY better than I just wrote out. SOOOOO... look forward to being told this story in person. more details, more awkwardness. oh man... it was HILARIOUS. just basically imagine the most awkward situation a missiory could be in, and that was me. oh man the story is good. BUT the pooint of getting a massage was for it to help my back. and it did. so it was worth it. and this was all approved and perscribed by the doctor.. fyi.

3. My wallet got stolen this week, from the MISSION HOME! yeah my wallet was sitting in my bag, and I was in a room with a bunch of missionaries and went upstairs to go talk to someone and then by the time I came back down all of the missionaries had left the room and it was GONE! ... no, none of the missionaries took it...but there were other random people in the building that might have seen it. It just stinks, cause if I had known they were leaving the room I would have never left it. But all my cards, a few little memerobilia things from the mission was in there (like my medical bracelet from my surgery in the MTC) and all of my bank cards, drivers license. my christmas money. haha... so yeah. it kind of stunk. but oh well. atleast my passport and important documents werent in there. hallelujah. it just added to the craziness of this week.

4. really hilaiours. This week I got a package, and it said it was from Mom. BUT i wasnt expecting one...so it was a pleasent surprise. On the outside of the package was a mailing slip with all of these items listed "robe, gloves, socks, candy"... which was weird cause I thought well, I already gotten all of those things in my last christmas package. Then I looked at the package closer and It said that it was from some random mailing station in america and it was "damaged postage"...weird. so I opened it up...and there were USED socks wrapped in some tissue and this Footsie Pajama onesie...i was so confused, but excited that perhaps my mom forgot she had sent me a ONESIE.....well then I pulled it out and tried it on... it was a ONESIE meant for an 8 YEAR OLD! IT WAS SO SMALL! ... then I knew something was up. Obviously my mom would not have sent me unmatching USED socks and a childs footsie pajama onesie. haha... so in analyzing the situation I realized that, the PACKAGE SLIP had fallen off the original box and they just attached it to some random old things that were lost in the mail station, things that looked like a robe and socks...and sent it to me. It was hilarious. and random.

5. 1 awesome miracle of the week. There is this man in this city that was for a little while Phone stalking us. We had met him on the street and he said he was interestd in the gospel. So we exchanged numbers...well then he proceeded to call us daily. Begging us to go to his place, or he could come to OUR place. and he really wanted to know our address. uh...creepy. So I kept telling him "if you want to learn about the gospel, you can meet with the elders" and he would say "oh I dont have time for that..but if you want to meet we can"... uh... no thanks. So.. we have been dodging this guy for a couple of weeks. Well then the other day we walked up to our apartment building and you have to enter this code in on the outside of our apartment building to get in. Well for the life of me, the stinkin machine wouldnt work. I would put in numbers and it would act all scrambled. I tried 5 times and it just wouldnt put in ANY NUMBERS... just straight up broken. So we turned around and RIGHT THERE parked in traffic was this CREEPY STALKER DUDE!!! He was watching us in front of the building and started waving at us!, ...so that was creepy. Then we walked around to the other side to put in the code and enter in. Then twenty minutes later, we got curious and walked back to the other machine to put our number in and it worked PERFECTLY. 20 minutes before it was seriously confused and jumbled and not working..and 20 minutes later worked perfectly. The reason being (my little theory), God must have confounded the machine. haha! he JUMBLED all the numbers so that the CREEPY man wouldnt know we lived there! hahaha! awesome!!! because since he saw us walk away, he could just assume we were trying to visit someone.. not living there. but now HE HAS NO CLUE! so the Lord really protected us. awesome!

6. Final most awesome miracle. We were really close to meeting mission standard this week, all we needed was ONE PERSON at church. So sister suranyi must have prayed really hard...because on sunday in walks in this woman named Erika. She had been living across the street from the church and had been attending a bunch of churches looking for the truth. She had been looking for "my family, my home, my friends".. as she told me. Then on that day decided she would finally investigate the church right across the street. MIRACLE!! So we met with her, she loved church, had many of her questions answered in church...and then in meeting with her later she just talked over and over again about how her and her husband have been looking for the correct path for them and that in every other church they just felt sadness and felt like they were surrounded by people that didnt live what they teach. so SUNDAY she had found her path... she was a little shocked that we could so confidently testify that she had been prepared for this, and here it was right in front of her. the VERY THING she had been searching for! .. so she was excited to go home and tell her husband that she had found it. We are excited to see where this goes. I havent found someone this prepared in a long time. I am excited. and I love these miracles.

well that was my week! ridiculous and nuts and awesome all at once. I have 2 children now! ahhhhhhhhhh!!! ok pray that I survive all of this.

I love you all so much.

sok sok szeretettel

papritz nover (i am not on a hungarian keyboard, hence no fancy dots)

No comments:

Post a Comment