Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Autumn - Duna, Hungary - BOLDOG KARACSONYT!

SZIASZTOK!!!

Well this week has just been CRAZY and wonderful with the Holidays, only to be topped off with the most insane intense transfer calls of my life. So today I got the call to find out what is happening with me this next transfer. I wasnt suspecting anything, because I just started training Sister Mills. But President Baughman called me today and told me I AM TRAINING AGAIN!! .... and WHITEWASHING a new city.... SZEGED!!! ... Sisters havent served in this city for over 4 years and so this will be a big change for them and a HUGE change for me. It is just crazy to be training back to back. The awesome thing about it, is that Sister Roderick and I this summer "vacationed" to this city Szeged. We performed a concert on a friday night, and the next day was a national holiday that we were able to spend in this city. So we spent the night in Szeged and toured around the next day and I just FELL IN LOVE with this city. It is beautiful and just really culturally rich. When we were there I kept saying "oh man I want to serve here. I love it here." but sisters havent been in that city in over 4 years. So i knew it was impossible. Then sister Roderick said "Im going to make a prediction. You will open up Szeged, in January, with a Greenie" .... I just laughed that off, cause that was impossible. and seemd REALLY impossible once I found out that I was training last transfer because we dont ever train back to back in this mission. So then this morning when President baughman said I would be training and opening Szeged for sisters...my jaw just dropped and I remembered back to that day in August when Sister Roderick predicted this very same situation. We even had picked out which greenie it would be (since in the mission home you can see their pictures months and months in advanced. So back in august we had my greenie picked out)...so on thursday I will found out if I get matched with that sister. So perhaps Sister Roderick will be 3 for 3 on the prophecy scale.

I am really soo sooooo excited and terrified and nervous and freaking out and overwhelmed..but excited. I really did fall in love with that city after that one random day we spent there. So it is like a dream come true to actually be going there. I am so excited for that, but I know I am entering the hardest work I will ever do on my mission. But I am so excited to apply everything I have learned on the mission to this next area. I feel like my whole mission has led up to these next few transfers. It sounds super corny, but I know I am supposed to be going here. Almost destiny like. It just all fits so perfectly. I am really excited for my Szeged Saga. let the Adventures BEGIN!!!


OH YEAH.. and there was Christmas. It was a great Christmas. On Christmas eve we drove down to Pécs, that pretty city we went to for Thanksgiving. We ate at a chinese restaraunt. Did some shopping and played cards. Sister Mills and I did some sight seeing. We visited the Lock Wall... the place where people attach all of these Locks to these iron bars and it symbolized that they will be together for eternity. A couple before they get married, or a couple in love with attach a lock to this wall to symbolize their love. and so we took a bunch of pictures of that. I attached some cute locks we found. Then on Christmas day we went to church and then ate lunch at a members home and then got to Skype my family. It was absolutely delightful. The best call home ever. So great to see them all, and my sister Amy home. I loved it. Then monday we just hung around and watched movies and relaxed. Then that night we went to a members house for dinner and painted candle holders, apparently it is a hungarian tradition to do a painted craft during christmas. Then we played charades in Hungarian with them. It was hilarious. It was the perfect holiday weekend. I needed the rest especially since this week is going to be NUTS moving to a city with a greenie and both us of will have NO CLUE where we are or what we are doing. Well, I will know what we are doing, just no clue where we are. It will be an exciting thrilling adventure. I can't wait.

I love you all!!!

Papritz nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment