Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Amy August 2, 2011 Taiwan

Dearest Family,
Ok now that I have semi caught by breath I can write you. This week has been insane! It started off with Sister Jensen now starting to cough. Great! Now she is sick. So Elder Calvert on Tuesday told us on that we needed to deep clean our apartment and that we were moving. He found out that the sisters that lived in that apartment a year ago had the same problem and they couldn't figure out why. One of the sisters even had to go home early because she was still coughing. So for district meeting the Elders in our district came over to our apartment and we cleaned the place. Its was definately a first having all 6 Elders in our apartment. Well we found the source for the problem. Both of our air condintioning systems were covered in black mold! Poor Elder Brunson, our zone leader, took both of them apart and cleaned them. He is great! So after that deep clean we haven't been coughing as much but we also haven't been sleeping as much. So we moved over to the nearest apartment which is 20 minutes away in Taipei. So the end of the rather long adventure is that we are switching apartments with our Elders today so everything should be great now. That is the health update. Sister Jensen and I have both haven't been coughing as much which is nice. But in this whole health adventure we have made a total 5 visits to the hospital with one more on Friday for me so we will be at an even 6. Elder Calvert pulling his magic strings of some sort and getting us moved AND having to even go all the way up to President Grimley to get us moved. We are just trouble makers. hehe
Anways, Chen yi xuan was baptized on Sunday. That was a crazy day. First she didn't come to church on the day that she is getting baptized. She as then late for her own baptism. She forgot the permission slip that she needed her parents to sign. But in the end she got baptized. We found her old record and she started to investigate the church 4 years ago. It was a great day. Elder Brunson and Huang had two of their investigators get baptized too so it was a triple baptism. Yahoo!!!! Next Saturday Liu cai xuan is getting baptized! She passed her baptismal interview on Saturday. I am sooo excited!!! Now we are preparing for her baptism. I have taught her from the very beginning and now I get to see her baptized!! Yahoo!!!!
We also met on Sunday with one of our investigators Li Xian Min. She is from Chongqing, China. She really wants to get baptized. She has come to church now every week for a month and gone to every church activity that we have had. But for some reason we haven't been able to meet with her until yesterday night. We found out that she is going back to China on the 22 of Augest for 4 months. She wants to get baptized before she goes back. Which means we have to finish all of the lessons in TWO WEEKS!!!!! But Sister Jensen asked her if she really wanted to get baptized and she said yes. She is also willing to do everything that she needs to do so that she can get baptized! GOLDEN! We are going to start meeting with her three times a week so that we can finish the lessons. Its going to be a crazy transfer but so exciting!!
The new transfer starts today. I am staying in Shuanghe with Sister Jensen. I am so excited to be with her one more transfer. We have way too much fun together. We have seriously seen so many miracles. We spend half of our day just laughing over the dumbest things. Its a blast! I love her to death. This will be starting my 8th transfer and my third transfer in Shuanghe. It is the first time I have been in an area for this long. I'm so excited!!
As far as seeing Alden. Oh man, Elder Calvert is the greatest! From the time that Alden got on island everyone kept saying, "oh I saw your brother!" I was so bummed I hadn't seen him yet. Elder Calvert called his companion and set up with him a time when they would be at the mission office so that I could be there to meet him. It was seriously the greatest moment of my life. The office was crazy busy with all of the missionaries who are moving and going home. I as standing talking to Sister Calvert and Sister Grimley when Alden walked in the door. I ran to him and we hugged and cried. Everyone cheered and then got really quiet just watching us. I didn't even care. It seriously was like the whole world just melted away. My little brother was finally here!!! I think I finally know how Alma the younger felt when he met the sons of Mosiah in Alma 17:1-13ish. It was a great moment. I can't even discribe it. I still can't believe that he is here!!! We just sat and talked for a while. I introduced him to a lot of the missionaries that came in the same time I did. Alden is here!!! Now the fun can really start! Two Papritz kids in Taiwan. Can you believe it?!?!?! I found out too that I will be the coordinating sister for my zone and a few of the other zones including Alden's. Which means that I get to exchange companions with the sisters in his area and will get to see him a lot! Yahoo!!! I am sooooo excited that Alden is finally here!!!! I kept saying that over and over to him.
I think that is. I think I have told ya'll about everything this week. Holy cow it has been crazy! This next week is also going to be crazy! Yahoo!! Another transfer starts in the greatest mission and place on earth! Taiwan!!! I love you all. I hope that you all have a great week!! I love this Gospel. I am so grateful to have it in my life and to be sharing with others.
Love,
Sister Amy Papritz
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment