Sunday, August 21, 2011

Alden - Taiwan - August 21, 2011

my dearest Family.


This week has been great. Last wed I got to go to the temple with AMY!!!! It was so cool. I loved being there and feeling such a strong spirit. Amy and I sat in the Celestial room for a long time. just sitting there and talking. we were the second to last people to leave, so we were there a while. afterward we went to Taipei main station where we ate. then we went our separate ways. It is so amazing having her so close.

after our Preparation day on wed we then had English class. OH JOY!!! it is great. It really is. I teach the Advanced class all by my self. This class is the one that have learned a lot of english and are able to speak it very well. so i dont need to speak chinese. it is great. But as always there are those weird people that come that... are just.... they are weird. this one lady always askes about random things. last week she asked me if i could tell her the lyrics to Transformers. she told me that all she remembers was "transformers robots in desguise" and that was it. I told her that that was all i remembered. she asked if there was some way to find it. of couse you can use the internet. she was very supprised that you could find it online. so i told her that if she really wanted she could just look it up. she then just told me in her fairly rough english "well, isnt that a little idiotic" yes, yes it is. She is the one lady that always askes about random things that i dont know. and it has nothing to do with english. just other things. and most the time i dont understand her. well that was one of the crazy english class things for the week. most the time I just answer quetions mostly about myself and America.

now for some amazing news. we are having a baptism this saturday. YAY!!!!!! brother Cai is getting baptised. it is so amazing. his wife is a member, she was baptized about 6 or so weeks ago. we have been teaching her husband since i got here. He is so amazing. he and his wife are always looking out for us. mainly giving us food. also last night we went to a ward family home evning at a family's house. they had a lot of food. and sister Huang, bothers Cai's wife, kept giving me more and more food. I used my eating tactics and ate slowly so that hopfully she wouldnt give me any more. but that did not stop her. she just kept pilling it on. the members where also being very nice and inviting me to eat more and more and more. I thought I was going to die. I don't think I will die here from starvation but possibly from choking or from overeating. I dont know what to do.

so ya Baptism, YAY!!!.

ok also this week we went on exchanges again. so far I have gone on an exchange every week, because my comp. is the district leader. anyways this week i was with Elder Zhou (Elder joe) he is the Zone leader. he is just plain crazy. I thought I was going to die. but I didn't. We went contacting almost the whole day. I was so tired by the end of it. just so mentally tired. but I survied.

well that is about it for this week. Love you all. write you all next week.
Love
Elder Alden Papritz.

No comments:

Post a Comment