Saturday, July 2, 2011

Autumn- Pest, Hungary - July 2, 2011

Hello my dear family and friends!!!

Well this might be a short one cause I feel like I just barely wrote you all.

Well LÁSZLÓ got baptized!! woo hoo!!! It was a mad dash to the finish line..and we were shopping for baptismal clothes up until the last day. (buying white underwear and white undershirt for a man was a little weird)... we werent sure if he had anyway so we just got some JUST incase. but Sister Roderick saved the day and had two EXTRA LARGE suits that were PERFECT for our László, so she brought them from Duna and everything went awesome.

EXCEPT! (theres always a hitch with a baptism, something HAS to go wrong... like in my brothers letter last week. they ended up doing his baptism in Michigan lake. Luckily we didnt have to move it to the Danube). Well mine was that we started filling the font at 915 am..and it was filling just fine and baptism is at 11. I go to check on it at 955 and it was still pretty low in the font. I thought " hmm... thats weird, must fill slow." but I KNEW that i started it on time. Well I go back to check it at 1015... 45 MINUTES before the baptism..and its STILL at the same level. then I KNEW something was wrong. It wasnt filling. but there wasnt a hole in the font. so I looked and realized... uh.....i left the drain WIDE OPEN... haha. so as the font was filling, it was also EMPTYING. uh... DUH... whoops. so I plugged the drain and then just prayed that it would fill on time. and then BOOM at 1125 when he walked into the font, it was full and piping hot and perfect.

the baptism was awesome. just he was so prepared and the spirit was strong. and it was AWESOME!! Funny thing was he always teases me that I dont talk alot.. well cause I dont, I dont know a lot of hungarian, but I atleast always try to be funny. But he always just looks at me and says in his low gruffly voice "PAPRITZ..." and Im always like " yes thats my name? what?! WHAT?! ... what do you want to say?" he just laughs and says " Papritz sister...youre an angel". haha... i think its really entertaining to him that Im always begging him to speak whats on his mind when he just walks up to me and says " PAPRITZ" with his hungarian accent. Its so funny. "papritz youre an angel" or "papritz...your hair looks good today" or "papritz...you look like.... laura bush..bahaha".. thats his celebrity look a like for me. My companion got Penelope Cruize and Salma Hayek and I got... uh laura bush. I told him I prefer Sandra Bullock...but whatever. I love him. I felt really guided to Him and it just is so special to be apart of his life. Missionary work is THE BEST!!!

well I included the pictures in a seperate email for your viewing pleasure.

I love this work. I love these people and I love my family and my friends and life is just so so so good.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

sister p

No comments:

Post a Comment