Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alden - Banqiao, Taiwan - July 31, 2011

Hey everyone. guess what I am in TAIWAN!!


Man there are miracles here in Taiwan. really there are. so much has happened since I arrived I don't know where to start.

ok well last Tuesday at 2 in the morning we woke up at the MTC for the last time. we loaded our things on the bus and left the MTC. that was about it for the MTC. ok. so I really do not know where to start.

ok. so some not so great experiences. when we where on the bus headed to the airport, I was looking at my passport and my visa. and guess what. according to my visa I am about 90 years old. the year on my birthday was wrong, it said 1922 instead of 1992. so that was a great way to start out my day. I was so scared that they would deny my visa. but of course I was so tired that i couldn't worry about it too much. after that the flights were nice. they were long but I slept most of the time.

ok so skipping to Taiwan. so when i arrived. they did not accept my visa, at that time. they told me to go get it fixed at the visa office. it didnt take long. so i did make it here.

the weather here is nice. i dont think it is that hot. but it is humid. I am sweating so much.

......there is so much to say i dont know what to do!!!!!!

ok so the first night we headed to the mission home. I got some rest. In the morning we ran to the freedom memorial/plaza. It is so beautiful, I LOVE IT!! ok then we had some amazing breakfast. then headed back to the mission home to start orientation.

I was the first to get ready and head up to the office. When i got there I met sister Calvert, Elder Calverts wife, he is the mission nurse. when she saw me she was so happy. they have been waiting for me for a while. Every one, tells me how excited they are that i am here and how amazing Amy is. even some members in the ward know her and are so happy that i get to see her.

so now onto my trainer. My trainer is Elder Adam. He is really cool. He is from California, Fullerton. we are getting along really well. he is the oldest in his family and the fist to go on a mission. he likes music, and he likeS to joke. a lot. he is really cool.

the second day in my area which is: Banqiao. we went to an old folks home for a ward service activity. I got to massage some nice old Lady's shoulders as they all clapped along to some music. I met the bishop and some other ward members. then we went to dinner with the bishop. he is really nice. everyone here is very nice. they all are very helpful.

ok well there really is so much i could say. I will maybe tell you later. but that is about it for now. the food is AMAZING and the people are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!

I am so happy to be here. during sacrament meeting, I could not stop smiling. i just had this huge smile on my face that I could not get rid of. I love the work here in Taiwan.

I love talking to every one on the street and attempting to invite them to come unto Christ.
I love it here and I love you all.
I will tell you more later. don't worry that is the bulk of it all.

Love you all.

Elder Alden Papritz.

Yang Zhang lao.

No comments:

Post a Comment