Monday, May 9, 2011

AMy - Tianmu, Taiwan May 9, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
Well another week has passsed in Tianmu. Our numbers lately have been going down. We try to set up with people but the appointments fall through. We spend a lot of our time contacting. This whole transfer I have gone door to door contacting more than any other time in my mission!! It has been interesting to be on the other side of the work. Before I have been on the harvesting side but this last transfer I have been the one seeding. At times it was hard to get the motivation to knock one more door but we kept going because I know that there are souls that need the Gospel. Sister Tanner and I saw many miracles. Vicky Lin for one. She has been progressing a lot but hasn't come to church in two weeks. She loves the Book of Mormon and has made the goal everyday to be happy and it has really helped her change her attitude. I'm sad that I will not see her get baptized. Hong Jiemei also has progressed a lot. At first we had to constantly remind her to read the Book of Mormon and now at the end of the transfer she is reading 30 minutes everyday. She even bought a triple combination. She really wants to change and to join the church. With Sister Dowdle going home and me moving they combined Shilin and Tianmu again. So the apartment will be quite again. Sister Tanner and Pederson will be great. I will miss Tianmu though. I was only there for one transfer but I loved it. I didnt' get to know the ward very well. I will definately miss Kumiko and Ya ting. They are two recent converts who are amazing. I think I talked about Kumiko before. She joined the church in December and is amazing!! She absolutely LOVES Disney and especially Mickey. Every time she sees something Mickey she gets really excited. I hope Alden will serve there so he can meet her. Ya ting also is amazing! She is the only member in her family and has been a member for a year. She wants so serve a mission.
Well since I talked to you on Mother's Day not much has changed. I am writing this e-mail from my new area Shuanghe. It is still in Taipei city. My new companion is a Taiwanese Sister named Liu. This is her third transfer so she is still really new. She is soo cute! I think we will get along great. Since she has only been out for 3 transfers I am offically Da tongban (senior companion). Scary! It will be fun.
One thing I have been meaing to tell you is super funny. So last transfer I went to go eat dinner with a Shilin member. I had never met the family. But just in the first 3 minutes of meeting them the wife turned to me and told me, "You look like Snoopy." She then asked her daughter if I did and she said yes!! So apparently I look like a cartoon dog! haha The whole family thinks I do. That was the joke all of last transfer that I was snoopy. I dont' know how I do but oh well.
Well I dont' have much left to tell you. I hope that you all have a great week. I love you all!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment