Monday, June 6, 2011

Amy - Tianmu, Taiwan June 6, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
Oh man this week was crazy!! It started on Monday when one of our investigators called us in the morning and said she wanted to get baptized this week!! WHAT?!?!?! Sister Liu and I were freaking out! Zhong hui ping had already had a baptism interview and was supposed to get baptized at the end of May but she said she felt a lot of pressure and didn't want to get baptized. When we tried to set up a new baptismal goal she didnt' want to. I guess when she talked to He dixiong last Sunday he said something that clicked. So this week has been crazy getting ready for two baptisms on the same day. Sister Liu has been freaking out getting ready for it but with the help of our ward mission leader everything worked out. The bapitsm was great. The spirit was strong. It was so wonderful to see two people that we have been working with for a while getting baptized and making sacried covenants with our Heavenly Father. Hui ping when she came out of the baptism font had the biggest smile on her face. When they were confirmed members and recieved the Holy Ghost both were beaming! I know that they will both be great members of the church. He dixiong will be a wonderful Priesthood leader in his home and bless his family so much. I'm just so excited to see them get baptized!!!!
This week in English class I gave the spiritual thought on choosing the right. I then handed out CTR rings to the children in my class they all love them. Thanks mom for sending them. This week has also not been without its challenges. Sister Liu and I lately have been having a hard time. They say that the companion right after the juinor companion's trainer is hard. Its true. A lot of what I do annoys, or isn't right in Sister Liu's eyes. I have made mistakes, I know I'm not a perfect companion. It has been hard being senior companion in a new area. Even though this is the start of the 5 week I feel like I still dont' know the area or the members very well. Whenever I ask Sister Liu who someone is or where this house is she sighs and is very impaitent with me. It must be hard having your second companion be a forgeiner and a first time senior companion. I am trying my hardest to do my best. I know that everything will work out though. Heavenly Father made us companions for a reason. We both have something to learn from this companionship. I am so grateful for her hard work and paitence with me so far. She is wonderful.
I realized last week I forgot to tell ya'll something. I finally passed off Phase 1 in the language study program!!!! I dont' remember if I told you guys about the Phases but here we pretty much have a set curriculum to study during language study time. The first Phase focuses on the lessons and learning how to teach them. The second Phase is a bunch of flashcards with a variety of words on them and phrases. It is suppose to help us expand our vocabulary out of the misison vocab. The last Phase is characters. It is also a bunch of flashcards with characters on it. I am so excited to get off of Phase 1. I have shed many frustrated tears over that book. It has been great to study these cards and I have already seen my vocab and understanding grow a lot.
Well I hope that you all have a fantastic week. Enjoy the warm weather. Here is has been blazing sticky hot. I love it!! I love you all.
All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Amy Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment