Sunday, June 19, 2011

Amy - Tianmu, Taiwan June 19, 2011

Dear Fam,
Well another week has gone. Weird how fast the weeks are going. Its already near the end of June. First things first, transfer news. I am staying here in Shuanghe and my new companion is Sister Jensen. She is from the states but I dont' remember which one. I will tell you more about her next week. As for Sister Liu, she is moving to Neihu, which is really close to Jilong my old area. She is so excited to move. She has been talking about moving since the fourth week so I'm glad we know now who is leaving. I will miss her. She has been a good companion.
This week nothing special has happened. Just the normal work. On Tuesday we went to Taipei with one of our new members to a music performance. It was an old Taiwan Taipei mission president and his whole family all 20 of them including a bunch of little kids. The story is that their great great grandmother is from Taiwan and a lot of the children have served in Taiwan so they have a lot of clost ties with Taiwan. They are from Hawaii so they performed a lot of Hawaiian dances and music. It was really cool. They focused a lot on familes and the importance of families.They performed in a concert hall right by Taipei 101. The really ironic thing is that right after their performance there was a gay rights rally. So we left right after the performance. haha Its interesting how Satan works at underminding the family. So that was really fun.
I really dont' know what else to write. This week has been pretty normal. All of our investigators are doing pretty good. We have one named Chen shi yi who is 11. She has the worst ADHD that I have ever seen. She has a hard time focusing. Some weeks are beter than others but this week has hard. I think that if she continues to not focus we might have to stop meeting with her. We can't teach anything she is so up and down. Yang shu ping is a lady who is Catholic. She has been struggling a lot with the Book of Mormon but has continued to read it. Yesterday she talked to Sister Liu and said that she has gotten her answer about the Book of Mormon and likes to read it but she really likes Catholic church better. But she siad she will keep on meeting with us and reading the Book of Mormon. So keep her in your prayers. Also Penny our amazing investigator is taking the big college entry test at the beginning of July and its a big deal so keep her in mind too.
I'm sorry this e-mail is so short and borning. I dont' really have much to write about this week except transfers. I love you all. Have a great week!!
All my love,
Sister Amy Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment