Monday, June 13, 2011

Amy - Tianmu, Taiwan June 13, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
Another week has gone by in the busy city of Shuanghe. This week we have been busy. The weather is really starting to heat up. I mean really heat up like 90 degrees with humidity. Yahoo!! I instantly start sweating when I get out the door but thats ok. People are still willing to listen. Mangos are also in season which is amazing! A member gave us two mangos the other day. Luckily for me Sister Liu doesn't like mangos so more for me!!
On Wednesday I went to a special training meeting for all senior companions and district leaders. Oh man, it was exactily what I needed to hear. The whole meeting was about finding and being agents. No, not secret agents but agents or people who act. President Grimley talked about how we need to be missionaries who will act and not just wait for people to walk up to them and contact them. He said, "Faith without works is dead, work without faith is stupid." haha An agent is someone who understands his or her responsibility and is accountable for their actions. They also have faith in their calling as missionaries of the Lord. The assistants shared the example of Peter walking on water in Matthew 14 starting with verse 28. Peter when he finds out that it is Jesus he tells him "Bid me to come unto thee on the water." He is the first to act. He didnt' wait for Jesus to say come. When Jesus bid him come Peter got out of the boat. I imagine he leaped out of the boat not gingerly dipped his toe in. He had full faith that he could go to Jesus dispite the fact that it was impossible. As he kept his focus on Jesus he say a miracle! He walked on water. Only when the wind and water were big and scary did Peter take his focus off the Lord and start to sink. I love this story! I realized that I have lately been not exercising a lot of faith like Peter and getting out of the boat or my comfort zone. I am too worried about being rejected or what I am going to say instead of just doing it. This meeting was a big call to repentance for me.
So this week I have been applying what I learned. Everyday in my prayers I pray that I can be a better agent and contact more people. Then in the evening at account for the day. It has helped me be more accountable and a better example for Sister Liu. I have found that when I contact with faith and just go out and do it I have seen more success. Last night, for example, Sister Liu and I contacted at the park near our house in the evening and met a lot of great people. Near the end of the evening I saw a women and felt like I needed to contact her. She ended up being great. We talked a lot about prayer and how her prayers will be answered. She was so suprised that her prayers could be answered. We exchanged numbers and said we would call to set up an appointment since her schedule wasn't certain. At the end she said that we changed her day. At first her day wasn't going very good but we made her happy. She said she felt something as we talked to her. I explained it was the Spirit. I am so grateful that I contacted this dear sister. I know I was suppose to contact her for a reason. It is SOOO important we contact everyone we see. We have the Gospel! We have the only thing that will help them change their life and return to live with our Heavenly Father. Only the Gospel can help them be freed from addictions and sin. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to meet so many wonderful people here in Taiwan. So my invite to you all is to be better agents. To this week be more commited in finding and sharing the Gospel.
I hope that you all have a great week. I love you all so much.
All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Amy Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment