Monday, May 16, 2011

Austin - Kenosha Wisconsin - May 16, 2011

ARMY OF 4

Man that was weird. I just had to enter in all of my siblings emailing addresses and they were all their mission email. Cheers to Elder Alden Papritz for making it a hambone (bowling reference). Beer and cheese all around!.
Elder White and I had quite a bit of success even though I had a lot of problems with my Crohns. I woke up 3 days of the week with absolutely terrible stomach pains and tightness. I constantly feel like I have to go to the bathroom but then nothing happens.
We had a lesson with an investigator we found this week while contacting a member referal (what a miracle that was!) and him and his wife are just a darling, intelligent couple with a cute little daughter named Juliana. They were just glued to every word we said. It was so cool, she took notes again during the lesson and was writing down scriptures that we talked about and names of prophets and things. She had run in to some stuff on the web, which I warned about last time, but she was so good about understanding the explanation and willing to still work with us. They both read in the Book of Mormon and, in fact, the wife prefers to read in English and so she just went to the library and checked out an English one. So incredible, I love them both.
This week our members stepped up sooo much, especially with it being rainy and me not feeling well. They took care of us and gave us rides to appointments, gave us plenty of referals and brought family and freinds to church. Church was especially cool because this Peruvian family just moved in to the branch and they are way cool. One of them is a return missionary that served in Spokane, Washington. I loved talking to him and learning Peruvian Spanish words and stuff. Then there was a way cool Dominican guy that I had no idea was on the stake council. He helped me teach gospel principles and he was way smart and had a lot of cool stories from his mission in The Dominican Republic.
There was a bunch of other stuff that happened but I can't really remember and I'm out of time. I'll just make a bigger email next week.
Much love,
Elder Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment