Monday, May 2, 2011

Austin - Kenosha Wisconsin - April 25, 2011

Hey family,
So I got a call from President on Thursday, he started out all casual asking about my health. Then he started asking about how my Spanish is coming and how the area is. Then he asked if I would train next transfer. It caught me totally off guard. I had just finished training and I thought there were a couple of other people that would train before me that are older than me and haven't trained yet. I also found out that they are moving the Zone Leader area to the English Elders that are over the same city. We also share an apartment with them. So I'll be training in the same apartment as the zone leaders. It should be interesting. I also wonder what they are going to do with the car (usually the car is shared between the two companionship) since Zone Leaders usually always have a full time car but our area is bigger than theirs. I might be on bikes again, but at least it's getting a lot warmer.
This should be a lot easier to train this time, now that I know what to expect. I never anticipated that so much of the work would fall on me. You definitely feel a lot more of the weight of the work when you're training, especially in language missions since the companion can't speak the language very well. I don't know who I am going to get but from what I saw both of the new Spanish missionaries are from Utah so it's unlikely they will know Spanish.
I hurt my back while working out one morning so I'm back on the muscle relaxants that I used when I got in a bike crash in Milwaukee. I hope I can get it healed before my boy comes so that I can be an example to him and workout in the morning. Oh, I went to a doctor because I've had a cold for 28 days straight and he told me something genius -- I probably just have allergies. So I started taking Claritin and it was fixed in two days haha. Gosh I wish I would have thought of that earlier. I've never had allergies before too so that was weird and everyone else in my family gets itchy eyes and stuffy noses when they get allergies but I didn't really have any of that.
We have interviews with the Presient next week, I'll be looking for to that. For Easter we ate at our Branch Presient's house and we got to do an Easter Egg hunt with their family. It involved finding clues in specific scriptures and then trying to find it based on the scripture. Elder Kelly this morning went golfing with the Branch President. They had plenty of time to talk and he counseled him a bit on life after the mission (I just went on exchanges with the English elders while he did that). Elder Kelly leaves this Thursday for home. He tells me it's bitter-sweet. He's going to miss alot of people here but he is excited for this next part of his life.
Sorry I don't have any way cool stories or anything. It was a pretty normal week. We made Easter cards for some of the members, I felt like Martha Stewart making them. I printed out a scripture and then glued it on this fancy paper background. It was pretty decent.
Much love,
Elder Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment