Sunday, May 29, 2011

AMy - Tianmu, Taiwan May 29, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
This week I have been spiritually fed. On Wednesday we had the wonderful opportunity to attend the temple. I have always loved the temple and not being able to go every week like I did at home has been hard. I love serving in the temple and being able to feel the Spirit so strongly. It also made me think of my dear family and the eternal family that we have. On Wednesday Sister Liu and I after the temple watched a movie called the Emma Smith movie. I reccomend it. It is really good. She was such an amazing women. She had so many trials, more than many of us will face and yet she remained faithful through it all. On Thursday I had my interview with President Grimley. We talked about me going home in December and he said something really funny. He called our group of four Sister Bready, Tanner, Riggs, and I a nickname. Basically it is the name for the four people after Chairmen Mao died in China who tried to take over the government. His wife was included with three other men. haha I'm glad our foursomes nickname is associated with overthrowing governments. I prefer the Fantastic Four.
We also had the opportunity to learn from Elder Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy in mission conference or revelatory meeting. First it was so great to be able to see all the missionaries especially Sister Bready who was sent to Huailien which is the farthest south you can go in the mission. We got our little group of four back together, Sister Bready, Tanner, Riggs and I which was great. Elder Jensen talked a lot about having the Spirit to be wtih us as we teach. He talked a lot about how it is critical that we have the Spirit to be with us and how as we don't elevate ourselves above our investigators we will both be etified together. It was a great meeting! I wish I could write all my notes from it. He gave a talk in the November General Conference about the Holy Ghost and Revelation so I invite you all to read it.
As for this week investigators wise. Brother He had his baptismal interview this week and passed!!! He will be getting baptized on Saturday. I am so excited!! He has a lot of faith and desire to change and to have an eternal family and baptism is the start of that. Pictures will come next week of his baptism. We experience a little heartache yesterday when we found out an investigator family didn't want to meet with us anymore. It is a family who have three daughters and a son. The mom and one daughter who has health problems have been really interested in the Gospel. We taught them the first lesson and was really excited to teach the Plan of Salvation since they had a lot of questions about their purpose in life. When we called to confrim the third daughter, who is not interested at all in the church and opposes, answsered the phone and told us that they didnt' need our lessons!! She said that they have their religion and we have ours and we didn't need to come by anymore. Their father passed away recently and she said it would make him angry if they switched religions on him. ugh!! He problaby has already accepted the Gospel and is waiting for them to accept! Sister Liu and I were really bummed. I hope to go over and visit them in maybe a week or so when this third daughter isn't home. They need the Gospel especially the Plan of Salvation!!! Other than that our other investigators are progressing a lot.
Well I hope that you have a great week. I love you all. I know that this Gospel is true and will continue to go forth until it fills the whole earth. It has already started and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I know that despite the challenges in the world through the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can recieve answers to our questions. Especially about our purpose in life and our relationship with God. I know that Jesus is the Chirst. I love this work!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment