Sunday, May 15, 2011

Amy - Tianmu, Taiwan May 15, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
So this week has been really good. Really fast. I feel like the weeks now are just going by really fast. Being the senior companion has been taking some adjusting. I am so used to having my companion plan everything but now I am the one having to plan everything. We visited a lot of less actives and investigators and wrote cards. We also met with one investigator who will have her baptismal interview this week. Her name is Zhong hui ping. Her younger sister is a member and really sweet. Pray for her.
We have two wards here in Shuanghe so church was really interesting yesterday. We had to split work so I was with a member. Even though we split work in Xinzhu I am still not used to it. I would see Sister Liu and she would rattle something off to me in Chinese about needing a peike or some one I was supposed to wait for and then leave. Crap! I have no idea what she said or what she wants me to do.. oh well. Luckily she is so paitent with me. It was great to meet the ward members. They are all so wonderful and so willing to help. These two wards are willing to peike which is a nice change. Our ward mission leader is a really easy going man that looks like Barney Fiff from the andy griffiths show. He has a 5 year old daughter who is in my English class. She is adorable! She reminds me so much of Abby. Here we have 3 American Elders and one Taiwanese. There are no sisters in our area. I'm not even sure if our zone has sisters. Weird. They are great missionaries.
So funny story. On Thursday we were coming home from an appointment around 8:15 or so and we have to be home at 9pm. Since I dont know this area very well sister Liu was leading. I got stuck behind a garbage truck and a large van so I couldn't see sister Liu. By the time I got ahead of the trucks Sister Liu was gone! I couldn't find her. She had turned onto the main road and hadn't looked back to see if I was behind her. So remembering my years of camping with the family I knew I needed to stay in the same spot and she would come back to get me. I waited for 10 minutes and she didn't come back. Luckily I also from many camping experiences learned how to read a map so I knew somewhat how to get home. I tried to get home but I kept getting turned around. Finally Sister Liu called me from the pay phone. She has gone all the way home. I finally found my way back after about 45 minutes of waiting for her and trying to find my way back. And of course it started down pouring! Luckily the little rain didn't stop this Oregonian and I got home. Sister Liu was a good sport. It helped me get to know the area better. I am grateful for moments like this that humble me and give me unexpected learning opportunites.
I hope that you all have a great week. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. I know that this Gospel is true. There is nothing that I would rather be doing than getting lost in the streets of Shuanghe and sharing the Gospel. I love you all!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei
P.S Mom, I got a package from the Burrows for Easter. Can you tell them I got it and I said thank you and that I loved it. I am mailing a thank you card to them today. It was so sweet of them to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment