Monday, May 2, 2011

Amy - Tianmu, Taiwan April 24, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
I hope that you had a great week. I am so grateful that we had that meeting last week with the historians. I felt suffeciently humbled when they talked about keeping a journal. It is something I have been trying to catch up on this week. I realized just how important it is to keep a journal and how we are expected to. I'm not quite caught up yet but I'm getting close. I hope that you all are keeping journals. It doesn't have to be a long entry but a short paragraph will do.
This week we met again with Vicky Lin. She is amazing!! We met with her twice this week. On Friday we taught her about the Restoration. She said that she believes Joseph Smith's First Vision is true! She has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon. On Sunday she came to a baptism and then to church. We also met with her afterward. She said she loved church and had a great questions. She asked a lot about Adam and Eve which was our Sunday school topic. We are planning on meeting with her on friday and teaching the Plan of Salvation. She is going wonderfully. Her prayers are so sincere and heartfelt. We planned on her getting baptized on May 14 but we might need to move her date back a little bit because we won't be able to finish the lessons then.
We had a lot of lessons this week cancel so we went contacting A LOT. There are a lot of neighborhoods we still haven't contacted. So this week wasn't really eventful. I don't really know what to write about. For Easter the ward didn't do anything special. When Sister Tanner and I would tell the ward Happy Easter many didn't know it was Easter! haha When we got home from church the Shilin sistes hid a bunch of candy around our apartment so we had a little Easter egg hunt. It was a lot of fun.
Well I hope that you all have a great week. I am so grateful for this Easter season and the opportunity it gives us to remember the Savior. I know that he did Resurrect on the third day and that He lives. I am so grateful for his Atonement and the hope that it gives me that everyday I can change. I love you all!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment