Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Amy Tianmu April 3rd, 2011

Qinai de Jiating,
Welp a great week has gone by here in lovely Tianmu. I am finally drying out. Everyday here has been warm sunny and gorgeous!! Since Sister Tanner and I are pretty much white washing this area we spent a lot of time this week just contacting people and exploring our area. Tianmu is really ritzy. There are a lot of big malls and really nice houses here. There are also a lot of waiguo ren (foreigners) We had a lot of fun meeting so many new people. We also saw a lot of miracles this week. We met this one girl named Ting. She lived in London for a while going to school so her English is great. She told us that she wanted to learn more about Jesus Chirst. We taught her a little about him and set up a time to meet with her again.
The ward her is so awesome!! Our ward mission leader is so passionate about missionary work that he really pushes us to be better. We also have a lot of great ward members. Kumiko is from Japan and joined the church a few months ago. She has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. She is also in LOVE with Mickey Mouse and Disney so we get along great. She told me that her whole family has season passes to Disneyland in Tokoyo and they go a lot. She is so awesome! When I told her about Alden's love for Disney she was so excited. She said her brother designed a float for one of the parades there. She is so awesome! She is always so willing to help peike for us. The other ward members are really nice too and I am so excited to get to know them better.
Another miracle that I saw this week is that I heard from Sister Howell that the bishop gave permission for Ruili and Yizhen to get baptized. They are the 11 and 10 year old that we have been teaching and they come to church every week. They are so excited to learn about the Gospel but the ward is worried if they get baptized that they will disappear. So we have been waiting for him to say it is ok. While we have been waiting for approval they have been waking up every week and taking the city but themelves to church. I am so excited that they can finally get baptized!!!!!!
Well I hope that you all have a great week. Sorry this letter isn't very long. I love you all!! I'm glad mom and dad that you will be home safe soon.
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment