Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Autumn MTC week 13


Szervusz mindinki!
 
Well let's cut to the chase. Here's the update on the foot: IT'S INFECTED!....yup ya'll read that right. Add it to the list of all possible things that could go wrong... huge hematoma, major pain, unable to walk......now infected!!! haha...life is just such one big funny comedy. So I'm on antibiotics right now and it should clear up. I'm leaving the MTC on Monday... March 28th. I'm going to be on that 6pm flight to Paris --> Budapest even if they have to amputate my foot!!! On sunday the incesion was super red/swollen/painful/warm/bad...and I just knew it was infection and sure enough the doctor was right. It's just crazy cause it's almost 5 weeks out from surgery. I just am amazed by all of these funny things that just keep happening. But i will get to Hungary, the Lord just has a really funny sense of humor and good timing. So it's all wroth it. I'd way rather not have it be infected in Hungary. So it's all good.
 
Well not much of an exciting week.. I have a weird schedule now that I'm the only sister Hungarian here.. It's kind of like i'm in independent study Hungarian. I just do my own thing. It's actually been pretty productive. I've been able to prepare a lot of lesson plans and translate a lot of stuff that will come in handy once I finally get there! Oh man I can JUST taste the csirke paprikas most, nagyon finomsag! (I can taste the chicken paprica now, very deliciousness!).....
 
Well I found this amazing quote that I read a while ago that I wanted to pass on:
"Many young women are serving missions Many are preparing to serve; not because they are not married or have nothing else to do, but because they have a desire to serve and therefore are being called to the work. The reason so many are being called to the work. The reason so many are going is because in the next generation, Heavenly Father will be sending his priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send them to mothers who have been properly trained and taught in the gospel, and what better training can a young woman have, than that of serving a mission." - President Gordon B. Hinckley
 
I might be a little biased...since, well...I'm one of those ladies that is serving a mission. But I loooove that quote. I know that I am being prepared right now for the rest of my life to come. I know that when I get home I will be able to trace back every good thing, everygood decision I will make back to my mission and the things I have learned right now. This work is so important and I'm grateful I get to do it combining the two things I love. Nursing and the gospel. I will be able to serve the people of Hungary and the missionaries with my whole heart, might, mind and strength. I'm off to Hungary! i can feel it... I know I'm going to be out of here Monday..(fingers crossed..and all my toes) So next email you will all get will be FROM HUNGARY!!!!! hallelujah!!!
 
szep az elet! (beautiful is life)
 
Thank you all for your support. Sorry for not responding super fast with letters, I've got a list to write and only have one day a week, and only a few hours to do it. If you don't get a letter back from me this week, I will FOR SURE catch up on all my letters on the plane ride over.
 
Love you all!!!
 
-papritz nover

No comments:

Post a Comment