Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Amy - Jilong, Taiwan February 21, 2011

Qin ai de jiating,
This week was kind of slow. We had a lot of lessons cancel this week or they would fang women de gezi (stand us up). Its ok though because it gave us more time to find people. Sister Howell and I had a lot of time to find former investigators. We went on all sorts of crazy biking adventrues through the hills/mountains of Jilong. It was a lot of fun. There is so much area that we have yet to explore and contact. This week also Sister Howell's voice was gone for a while but it has gotten better. With her voice being gone it has forced me to talk more which has been scary but really good. I have realized that I know more Chinese than I thought. It is still really hard but slowly I am getting over my shyness. It can be frustrating at times though because it takes me so long to get up the courage to talk to someone and then the opportunity is gone. Sister Howell has been very helpful and understanding and has helped me a lot. It will come soon enough.
On the investigator front not much has changed. We had 5 people come to church which is a record for us. Water, one of our investigators from India brought her sister's two daughters. It is the first time they have come to church. They said that they really liked it. Lin Hao yi still hasn't come to sacrament meeting. He has a hard time getting up in the morning for church at 9. His mom doesn't really help him get up either so its kind of tough. We are still working with him and set a new baptismal date for March 26. We have had many of our investigators who we have set baptismal dates from suddenly disappear. They won't answer our phone calls and wont' set up. Its really tough. We don't know how to get in contact with them and we dont' know why they suddenly disappear. Its really weird. Our investigator Green who we gave to the Elders is getting baptized NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are sooo excited. Sister Howell and I still suan him as our investigator. haha I can't wait from him to get baptized so that he can help the rest of his family get baptized. He is doing so great. He comes to church every week and participates a lot in Sunday school lessons. He is pretty much an active member already. The ward is really supportive of him.
The weather has been rainy all week and probably will be the rest of the week. I feel really bad when we get to investigator's homes and we are soaked. I bought a coat here that is pretty good at keeping the rain from getting my clothes wet but if it gets too soaked it leaks onto my clothes. I have just excepted the fact that my feet are going to be forever wet. I dry them every night and my tights too in prep from the next day's soaking. We have rain pants that we slip over our skirts. We often used the cheap yellow pancho so we look like we are going to go ride Splash Mountain or something. But Sister Howell and I bought new thicker ones so this week will be better.
Today we attended the baptismal service of a girl in our ward who was getting baptized. They are a wonderful family. She reminds me so much of Alaina jumping around being so excited to get baptized. After she got baptized she shared her testimony and it was so sweet and simple. The Spirit was so strong.
Well I hope that you all have a great week. I love you all so much. Oh just to tell you, next week we have a temple day so our p-day is moved. I will e-mail you on WEDNESDAY. So don't worry mom if on monday I don't e-mail you. Wo ai nimen!!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment