Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amy - Jilong, Taiwan February 08, 2011

Qinai de jiating,
I survived Guo nian! This week was very interesting. It was a great week in the sense that we got to meet a lot of the members and get to know them better but not a good week for sharing the Gospel. The whole week we taught a total of 6 lessons. A lot of people were at home with their families so they didn't want to meet with us or they weren't at home. But we did find 3 new investigators so the week was still very sucessful. So basically for Chinese new year we went from eating appointment to eating appointment. The feasts started on Wednesday. I thought I was going to die! We had one appointment in the morning with Li jiating. Sister Li is in the Relief Society presidency. The family is a great example to the ward. We ate very traditional food. The whole week we ate a lot of seafood. I am so grateful that growing up we ate a lot of seafood because thats a lot of what they eat here in Taiwan. After stuffing our faces at that house we went to eat with Song yuan ting. She is an investigator who is my Taiwanese mother. Everytime we meet with her she gives us food. She is always so worried about us. haha I love her. We ate chicken, squid, tons of veggies, and a doughy rice noodle that was really good. We also bike everywhere which was a blessing because it helped my stomach digest faster. Than we had a dinner in the evening. By the end of the day Sister Howell and I were about to explode. Luckily the rest of the week we only had 2 dinner appointments a day. We ate a lot of hot pot which is basically a pot full of broth and then on the side you have vegtables and meat and you can choose what you want to eat. Then you put it in the broth to cook. It is so delicious!! I also ate raw fish and lots of squid. Yumm!! It was so wonderful to get to know the members. We have so many great members here in Jilong. Many of their families are the first generation members. Talking with them has made me so grateful to be a member of the church. I am so grateful to have the blessings of the Gospel especially of eternal families.
As far as our investigators go we gave the Elders Green. We realized that his wife is not making as much progress and doesn't have much interest. He will quickly progress now that the Elders are teaching him. We also had one of our investigators Huang li qin fang us. She was suppose to have her baptismal interview this Sunday but she didn't show up. She also didn't answer when we called her. It was really hard on Sister Howell. This is the third baptismal date that she has set with Sister Howell that she a week away from being baptized stopped contacting us or told her she didn't want to get baptized. We hope that everything will work out with her and that we can resolve her problem.
Well I hope that you all have a great week. Thank you for your prayers and your letters. They have been so wonderful and have given me the much needed support. Thank you also for the Valentines day package. I love it!! I love the sweater and all the yummy candy.
All my love,
Yang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment