Monday, October 4, 2010

Amy - MTC - September 27, 2010

Da jia hao!!!!
I can't believe this will be the second to last time I will write you here in the MTC. Crazy!!!! I feel like I just got here!! So we got our flight plans on thursday. My flight leaves Salt Lake at 8 and we get into LA at 9:01. Then our flight doesn't leave to go to Taiwan until 1:20am. We get into Taiwan at 6:30 in the morning. Fun!!! Its really weird though because they do the flight alphabetical I am not flying with Sister Bready. There are a few people in our district who are leaving earlier in the day on Tuesday including my companion. They will get into Taiwan at 10:00pm so they will get to sleep and recover from the flight. I won't. I will just hit the ground running. I'm so excited though!!!!!!!!! So during that lengthy lay over in LA I am allowed to call home!!! I can't wait to hear all of your voices. Autumn, I need your phone number. I don't remember it so I need it so I can call you. by the way, WHERE ARE YOU GOING ON YOUR MISSION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This wait has been KILLING me!!! Its so hard because I can't call you up and see what the staus is I have to wait until the next dear elder comes which is at the end of the day. Tourture?? YES! I can't wait to find out. let me know ASAP!!!
So now that I have talked about flight plans. This week was really good. Last Monday at the temple we had the wonderful opportunity to help a couple with a family sealing. They had an old family name that they have been waiting for a long time to do. They asked a few of us missionaries to help with the sealing of a daughter to a family. We can do sealings as long as they are sealing of children to parents. It was a really great experience. I got to be the proxy for this daughter. As we were doing the sealing it reminded me so much of when the girls were sealed to us and the special spirit that was there. The words were so powerful. I am so grateful that I know that my family is sealed for time and all eternity. We had our last TRC appointment on saturday. So weird!!! I can't believe that we are done with our TRC experience. Since next week is General Conference no volunteers will come on Saturday. The teaching went well. We taught three girls from Taiwan. They were really nice but spoke really fast!!! Holy moly I'm going to be in trouble when I get there!!! haha oh well!! One of the girls reminded me a lot of Autumn. She looked like her only in Taiwan form. haha It made me miss her a lot. After we were done teaching it so weird to think that the next time that I will be teaching will be a really person from Taiwan who knows nothing about the church. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. This last week will be really weird and difficult to stay focused!!
This last Wednesday my disctrict and I had the opporunity to help host the new missionaries. It was a lot of fun! I helped three sisters get setteled in their room, get their tag and other things for the MTC, their teaching materials and I also took them to their classroom. Since I have gotten here I have been so excited for this opportunity to host. This job is only given to missionaries who leave within the next two weeks. I helped one sister who was going to Arizona.. i think. Another was going to Texas Houston East spanish speaking. The last sister was from Fiji and will be serving in the Marshall Islands. She was really nice. She was suprised when I told her I have been there and when we were there. She apparently was there in Fiji. All of these sisters were really nice I am so glad that I got to help them get settled here at the MTC and calm their fears. I know that all of them will do a great job. Sister Bready and I also found out that our teacher He laoshi reccomended us to help teach the new missionaries this Wednesday. The first day a missionary enters the MTC they go to a class where they first learn about teaching and what to a not to do. I am really excited and I am glad that he reccomended us.
Well that is our week in nutshell..... I can't believe that soon I will be out in the field. This next week is going to be crazy in trying to learn as much Chinese as I can before we go. But I am REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!! I can't wait to go and share the Gospel with the people of Taiwan. I hope that all of you have a great week. Thank you so much for all of your love and suppport as I have been here in the MTC. I love you all!! This Gospel is true. I know it is. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that by reading it we can draw closer to our Heavenly Father and that we more fully apply the wonderful gift of the Atonement in our lives. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he is our Savior and that he and our Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us so personally. They know us by name and know all of our problems, fears, and joy. Again, I love you all!!
All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Amy Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment