Monday, September 13, 2010

Amy - MTC - September 13, 2010

Da jia hao!!!
      This week has been crazy but so good!!! First SYLing went good. Our teacher really challenged us to speak Chinese all the time. A lot of Elders and Sisters do English fasts were they choose one day where they do not speak English. He said that it would be better for us to speak Chinese all the time instead. So its been great but hard. Our lesson on Saturday went really well. We taught a girl named Brittany who we had taught a few times before and a sister who had joined the church a few years ago from China. It was really good. There was one point in the lesson where I could understand what they were talking about but I didnt' know how to communicate my thoughts. haha oh well. At least I understood right? Our lesson this week was tricky. We taught the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. The sinario was that her husband just died and she took up drinking to ease the pain. So not only did we have to teach those two things but also to her needs. It was crazy but so much fun to teach. The Spirit was really strong. I love teaching at the TRC. I can't wait Autumn for you to experience it for yourself.
     This Sunday was Awesome!!!! Sister Eliane Dalton of the Young Women's General Presidency spoke. It was great. She is such an amazing women. The whole time during her talk I thought of our Young Women in Turner ward and how I wish they could have been here to hear her powerful words. So mom, I hope you will read this part to your Young Women, She taught that each of us as young women are such a powerful force for good. She said, "The power of one young women who knows who she is  and will literally stand as a witness of God at all times, all things and all places, who is lead by the Spirit WILL change the world." I know that at times it is easy to forget our Divine worth and potential but I know that every young women has the power to change the world. I know that each of us has a Divine Worth and that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us personally. She also said that the steps we take now will prepare us for the rest of our lives. They are our foundational steps. She also said that " You might feel that you are not up for the job, YOU ARE!! Go forward with faith in Christ." I know that our Heavenly Father will help us stand for what is right and will help us and sustain us. All we need to do is have faith in Him and keep His commandments. She also gave 3 things that we should do 100% all the time. Those 3 things are 1. Pray every morning and night 100% 2. Read the Book of Mormon daily (even for 10 mintues) 100% 3. Smile! This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is joyful!! I loved her whole talk. It was so powerful. At one point she was talking about the Young Women's theme and it has helped us as Sister missionaries develop our testiomonies. She started to say it and then we as Sister missionaries all stood up and finished it. It was so powerful! over 100 sisters all standing and saying the theme. The last thing she said was to have confidence in the Lord. She read a scripture in Moses 6: 31-34 which has become my favorite. She said that having confidence is having faith in God. Sister Dalton shared that the word "con" means with and "fedes" means faith. Her whole talk was great! I wish you all could have been here. I hope that this will help your Young Women. It was really helpful to me and made me want to be a better missionary and sister.
     Lets see..... Classes are going well. Chinese is coming slowly but surely. There are a few of the newer missionaries that were moved up in the class because they already know a lot of Chinese.  A few leave in a few weeks! Crazy!! I leave in  3!!!! AHHHH!! I can't believe it!!! I love it here but I am so excited to go to Taiwan. Mom, dont' worry about the skirts I will just wait and get some in Taiwan. I don't want you to have to stress over it. Please send me Alden's address so that I can write him. Or he can just dear elder me it. Also, I haven't been getting Austin's e-mails. Is he still alive?!?! haha tell him that he is a stinker and need to write me. Speaking of stinkers, dad, Thanks for the tease about telling me about Mockingjay. Also, thanks for the Gettesburg quote a few letters ago. It made me laugh a lot. Please keep sending me stories of Abby's adventures and about Alaina in school. I LOVE hearing them. If you could send pictures too that would be great!! Their stories brighten my day. Well I dont' know what else to write about. I wrote a list of things to tell you and I think I said them all. I love you all so much. As much as a love you I even more love this Gospel. I am so grateful that I get to share it with the people of Taiwan. Wo ai ni!!


All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment