Thursday, September 9, 2010

Amy - MTC - September 07, 2010


Ni hao wo de jiating he pengyou!!
      Well another great week has gone by here at the MTC. The temple is closed today for Labor day hence why my e-mail is a little earlier in the day. I love the MTC!!! Its great!! This week we recieved 27 xin de chuanjiaoshimen (new missionaries). They are awesome!! A lot of them speak Chinese which is amazing! 4 of them are international two from Hong Kong, One from New Zealand, and the other from France. The one from France is 25 years old and his English is very good but he has a thick accent. He is trying very hard. He bore his testimony yesterday in Sacrament meeting and it was powerful. He has such faith. It made me realize that the struggles I am having with Chinese are so minor compared to someone who's native language isn't English. I am so grateful for the gift of tounges! I KNOW it is real and that it has helped me so much. I look back on the last 7 weeks and marvel at how much I have learned and grown. I can't believe it! Even though I have made a lot of progess I still have a long way to go. So, this week wo de tongban he wo (my companion and I) made the commitment to not speak English ALL week. Its going to be hard but so helpful. The subject for this letter is "Wo bu hui shuo Yingwen" I can't speak English. haha we will see how it will go.
     This week we taught our second lesson in Chinese. It went really good. I think I am getting a hang of this....sort of. I understood a lot of what our mudaoyou said and I was able to give simple answers. We taught the first lesson again. Next week we teach the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. I have a lot to work on this week. Our teachers Liu and He advised us to SYL or speak our language as much as we can. I dont' know if I told you but we have two new teachers. Liu laoshi, he served in Melbourn Australia, and He laoshi who served in Taiwan, Taichung. Both are great teachers and thankfully we will have them for the rest of our time here at the MTC. They push us really hard which is really nice. I'm excited to learn more and to push myself even harder. I realized this week too that I need to change the way that I am studying because it is not as effective as it should be. I memorize a bunch of words everyday but not as many as I feel I should and I'm not retaining them. Darn! So that will be my challenge this week. It will all work out though. It always does!
   I wanted to tell ya'll what I have been doing for ziji de yandu (personal study). I love personal study time!! It is a great opportunity to really strengthen my testimony of the scriptures and the Gospel. I HIGHLY recommend studying Preach My Gospel! Even though you are not a missionary (which everyone should be according to President Benson) It is a great tool to help strengthen your testimony of the Gospel and to become more like our Savior. I have also been studying the Book of Mormon. There is an activity in Chapter 5 of Preach my Gospel on the Book of Mormon. It says that everytime you see a reference to Christ to highlight it. It has been amazing!! I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. His name is everywhere in the Book of Mormon! Just in Moroni 7, I think, alone there are 100 references to the Savior! Amazing!! The Book of Mormon is true! I know it is. And that anybody studies it and sincerely prays about it they will know it is true. I have done that myself and come to know of its truthfullness. It has been wonderful to study that. I also have been working on the Chirstlike Attributes listed in Chapter 6. I love these attributes!! I hope that I can obtain all of them. Study these sections and the rest of Preach My Gospel. Its great!!
   I love this Gospel! I know that going on a mission is the best thing that I can do. There is NO place I would rather be than here. Yes it is hard. Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done but I have grown so much from my trials. There are times when I get discouraged and I want to cry, or in case of this week I did.(dont' worry mom I'm ok now I have a fantastic companion and the Lord to help me) Dispite those days I know that there are people in Taiwan that I need to teach and that need to hear the Gospel. When times are tough I know Heavenly Father called me to this mission because I have something that the people of Taiwan need. So I trust in Him and go on. I know this Gospel is true and that Jesus is the Christ. He knows each of us personally and wants to help us so much that if we will but turn to him he will help us. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that He and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in answer to his prayer. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. And that through him the Lord restored the truthfullness of the Gospel of Jesus Chirst once again upon the earth.  I know that today we havea  living prophet upon the earth Thomas S. Monson. I know that he is the mouthpiece of the Lord and that by obeying his councel we can find peace and joy in a world that is spiritually starving. The Book of Mormon is the word of God! I am so grateful I can share this message with everyone. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. He has certainlly answered mine. I love you all so much. Thank you for your awesome examples and testimonies.

All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Papritz


1 comment:

  1. Amy is like the testimony sharing expert! I love it. I read part of Chapter 5 in PMG this morning. Just as uplifting as Amy described. What an example she is to me!

    ReplyDelete