Monday, August 2, 2010

Amy - MTC - Aug 2, 2010

Dear Family,

This week has been crazy!!! It has been full of ups and downs but mostly ups. I love the MTC though. It is the best place in the world!!!! Our district is awesome!! So for the downs of the week. I realized on the 29 that this is going to be a WHOLE lot harder than I thought it would be. We had our first teaching appointment on Saturday (more about that later) so this whole week we were preparing for that. It was really stressful. We had to contact for 15 minutes in Chinese. We needed to be able to ask them different questions about their lives and then ask questions about their religious beliefs all in Chinese. Stressful!! The language has been hard. Its difficult to memorize the words and phrases that I need to teach adn then recall them in a seconds notice. But I know that from the time that I entered the MTC to now I have made HUGE leaps of progression in my language. So that bit of discouragement just lasted that day. I know that the gift of tongues is real and that is works in my life.

So on to the Lehi (or awesome) part of the week. On wednesday we listened to an AMAZING talk by Elder Holland called "The Miracle of a Mission." Phinmonial!!! He talked about how his mission changed his life. He said that we need to not waste any day, hour or second of our mission. "We are involved in the MOST important work that we can be doing on the earth namely, the saving of souls." I love that part! As missionaries we are saving souls. I know that their are people in Taiwan that need to be invited to come unto Christ. After listening to that talk it made me so excited to work and to do that much more to prepare. So that was awesome!! The devotional on Tuesday was amazing too!!! All of the meetings here are so uplifting and really help us focus on the work.

Saturday was our teaching appointment. It went soo good!!! The contacting was a little rough and there are a lot of things that we need to work on but we did really good for it being our first time. We contacted three different people and then gave our lesson to the last person we contacted. Or in our case two people. We taught Brittany and Agnis the first lesson. We spent most of our time on the first two points of the first lesson which are that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and that God Blesses Families. We also focused a lot on prayer and how Angis could recieve answers to her prayers. I was worried that we didn't get through the whole lesson but our teacher said that the most important thing that we can do is to follow the Spirit's promptings. Aftere lesson Sister Bready and I were discussing our lesson and what goals we needed to make to improve when Brittany came up to us. She told us that Agnis was a real investigator and that she said after we had left that we answered all of her questions. She is also planning on getting baptized!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! Sister Bready and I were so excited to say the least!! Both of us burst into tears and we gave Brittany a huge hug. I felt so grateful that we had followed the Spirit and talked about the Holy Ghost and how Agnis could get anwers to her prayers. Needless to say, the Elders in our District were way jealous!! Both of us were so pumped after that for the work. This Gospel is so amazing!! It is so simple but can really touch the hearts of everyone who are willing to listen to the message and the Spirit.

Sunday was great too! We had mission conference which was great. All of the speakers were amazing!! After that we had fast and testimony meeting on our Branch. The whole meeting is done in Chinese. The songs, prayers, talks, testimonies everything. So for fast and testimony meeting we could bear our testimonies in chinese, english or chinglish if we didn't know how to say something. And guess what??? I got up and bore my testimony completely in Chinese!!! I was so nervous!! I could literally feel my heart pounding as a waited for my turn. As I spoke I could feel the Spirit guiding me in what I should say. It was amazing!! I only had to use English in one spot and it as for the word answers. I was shaking so bad after that but I was so excited!!! I learned so much about myself and the Spirit then. I learned that I know more than I thought and that the Spirit can really help me and fill my mouth with the words I need to say if I will just rely on the Spirit. It reminds me of a scripture in Moses 6:31-34 when Enoch is talking to the Lord about his feelings of doubt in speaking. The Lord says ," Open thy mouth and I will fill thy mouth with my words." I KNOW that is true because it happened to me. This Gospel is so true. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

So how is everything at home. Dad, I literally laughed out loud at your letter about the loose rooster. The Chinese Elders that walked past us proably thought I was Crazy!! Please send me pictures of the chicken coop when it is done. Mom, here is a list of things that I would like you to send. I don't know where my jacket is. Im pretty sure its in my closet. Maybe it got put into yours by mistake???

I love you all and miss you VERY much! I know that this was the right choice for me. There is no where else I would rather be than here!!!

All my love,

Yang Jiemei (Sister Papritz

P.S Sorry this is in a ps but ZHU NI SHENGRI KUAILE DAD and AUTUMN!! I hope that you both had great birthdays. I'm sorry that I had to miss them.

P.P.S Please send Austin's e-mails to me on Dear Elder!!! I dont' have time to read them!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!! GOD BE WITH YOU TILL WE MEET AGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment