Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amy - MTC - Aug 16, 2010

Da jia hao!!!!
        This week has seriously gone by so fast! I dont' even remember what happened this week. It was a really good week. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the packages!! I LOVED getting my skirts and all the goodies. The pictures that the girls drew were so cute too!! Although you sent me some of Austin so I will mail those to him. It was so great to get a package. Classes were really good with our new teacher Zhang Laoshi. She is really nice. She served in Taipei which is awesome! This whole week we prepared for our TRC appointment on Saturday. We taught the second lesson on the Plan of Salvation. So hard!!! The plan of Salvation is so amazing so it was so hard to teach it simply to someone who has no Christian background. There was so much information to leave out. Our whole district stuggled with this lesson. Our contacting task this week was to pick up our investigator from their house and take them to church via the bus. We had to ask them about their family and work and also ask about commitments that had been extended the previous week. If they didnt' do it we had to recommit them and testify. I actually felt really good about this one. As a district we practiced a lot which made it easier. When we did it on Saturday the Chinese came easier than it has before granted I still messed up on some grammer but it went better!! I figured out this week that Heavenly Father indeed has a sense of humor...... its called Chinese. haha This language is so crazy!! The grammer is crazy on top of the tones and pinyin. Dont' get me started on the writing !! haha but really I love learning Chinese. There are a few missionaries from Taiwan that we have seen at the temple walks on Sunday. They are going to California. I understand very little of what they are saying but I can talk to them a little. Its all coming together slowly but surely!!!  So, our TRC appointment on Saturday went good. It definately wasn't as good as the last two weeks. Our mudaoyou Taylor didn't seem that interested in our message. I think that we didnt' ask the right questions.  He was involved when we talked about prayer and answered his questions about that but then during the middle of our lesson he was looking around and giving very short answers. But on the bright side, Sister Bready and I did a great job of sharing the time and communicating with eachother. I'm glad that we had a lesson that didnt' go as good as the others so we know what to improve. We teach that lesson one more time and then in two weeks we teach it in Chinese YIKES!!!!
 
     All of the older missionaries in our Zone leave this week and next week. Its so sad!!! We have all become so attached to them. They are all such amazing missionaries! Its also weird to think that soon we will be the older missionaries. I dont' feel ready for that. I feel like my Chinese has a long way to go. But I know that who the Lord calls He qualifies so I'll be ok. On Sunday the older missionaries sang a musical number which was beautiful. The Spirit was so strong. Relief Society was AMAZING this week!! Sister Virgina H. Pearce, daughter of President Hinckley, spoke to us. She spoke on the Spirit of Navuoo and how we need to take that with us out in the field. I wish I had time to write all of my thoughts about this talk but time is short. The one part I really love is that she said that we need to "sell" or share that the Gospel will bring joy and happiness into our investigator's lives. Many people are seeking that now. She also quotes Brigham Young and I just loved this quote. It says," Let the fruit of bad thoughts, complaining, and negative fellings drop off the tree unnoticed and left their to rott. When there are fruits of virture, love, wholesome thoughts, and happiness pluck it off and share it with all our neighbors and those around us." I love this quote because I feel that it is so easy to notice the bad things that happen when there are so much better things happening. We need to just let those bad things "fall of the tree unnoticed and left to rott." I have been trying to do that since I have heard that talk and it has been very helpful. I hope that each of you can do that. At the devotional on Tuesday Brother Evans spoke about the Book of Mormon. He said that the Book of Mormon is our most powerful tool in sharing the Gospel to those around us. He said that we need to engage our investigators from the beginning and get them to read the Book of Mormon from beginning to end. Again, I wish I had time to share everything about this talk but time is short. Blasted 30 minute computer time. haha oh well.
 
    I dont' really know what else to tell you. This week went by so fast. Time flies when you are serving the Lord!! I love you all so much. I think about you all the time and pray even more for you! I know that this Gospel is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ and he is our Savior. I know that by repentance we can repent of our sins and become like our Heavenly Father. I know that the Plan of Salvation is God's plan for us. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of that plan. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God. Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and is Son Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove in answer to his prayer. I know that through him God restored the fullness of the Gospel in the earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that he is the mouthpiece of the Lord in these Latter-days. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord and share the Gospel with the people in Taiwan, Taipei. I love you all!!!!
 
All my love,
Yang Jiemei
Sister Amy Papritz


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment