Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Austin - MTC - July 5, 2010

Dónde está mi familia? No he recibido mucho de vosotros esta semana pasado. Divino que no me amaís.

Anyways, so I´m so excited to leave tomorrow. I can´t wait to see my mission president again and to get to work. God has really been working in my these last couple of weeks. I have big plans for the field, I´ve learned from my teachers that we are given a lot of freedom in trying to proselyte. The least of which is knocking on doors. We not only have the ability to but are encouraged to make long term plans for big projects to reach out to many people. I have tons of ideas from organizing soccer tourments to holding a bible study session. Right now it is just my companions and I left from my district, it is so surreal. Honestly these last 9 weeks were nonexistant. Absolutely flew by. I hope that this isn´t a sign for what will pass for my whole mission. I was tested on how much Spanish I learend here and I´m more than half way to full fluency. Out of the scale of 7 they have, I ranked just above a 4.

Anyways, the reason I'm emailing is to make sure that you all will know when I'm going to call tomorrow. I will arrive in Chicago O'Hare at 11:10 AM (that's Chicago time which I think is two hours ahead of Oregon). At that point I will have two hours to make my phone call before my flight leaves at around 1:20PM. Make sure every is there that wants to talk to me. I'll be able to make a separate phone call to Autumn if she still isn't in town.

Well, I don't have much else to say but I still have 14:00 more minutes and I feel impressed to tell you all how much I know God is aware of me. It freaks me out every day when I have a question, especially a conceptual question, thick thick questions and God will literally take 3 days to explain it to me through devotionals something said by a substitute in class and studying the scriptures. It's like a really, really good book. There have been so many subplots and developments that have taken place while the main plot of my time here at the MTC has passed. It has been incredible. I can not summate the extent of all I've learned, and I'm not talking about just recounting words I've heard in class and even cool proverbial phrases I've picked up in devotionals. I mean a true and new spiritual and conceptual and personal understand of the nature of God and my relationship with him. I promised I would never write sappy spiritual stuff in my emails because they are generally not very exciting to read and it doesn't mean nearly as much to the person reading it as it does to me but I just thought that I'd say that.

I have so much love for you all. Thank you again for the photo album, I seriously look at it every single day and it makes me smile every time.

Love you all and I'll talk to you tomorrow from Chicago!

Los vemos,

Elder Papritz

No comments:

Post a Comment